I originally saw the recipe on the Handle the Heat blog and knew I HAD to try it!
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Bites
Note: I halved the recipe so it made only 15 Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Bites. Since I knew there would be other food at the potluck I didn't need all 30).
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
Cute cookies all lined up
The above is the uncooked batter.
As you can see the cheesecake bites pull away from the sides as the bake (that's the easiest way to tell they are done).
Isn't it cute that you can see the print of the Oreo cookie through the wrapper?!
The final product!
These Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Bites tuned out great! They were creamy and smooth. The cookie at the bottom gets slightly soft so you can bite through it without a lot of crumbs but the cookie isn't soggy. I would definitely make these again! Leave me a note if your try them, I would love to hear how they turn out!